New Taber Facility
November 25, 2012
Come out to the corner of highway 3 and highway 36 and visit us at our new location.
This new facility will allow us to increase our support to you the producer.
Some facts about our new building:
- Alvin Reinhard Fritz Architect INC, Lethbridge, AB.
- Southwest Steel, Lethbridge, AB.
- Two-story freestanding, Pre-engineered steel building
- 5 Ton overhead cranes throughout shop space
- New approach off service road running parallel to Highway 3
- Large truck and equipment entrance off Highway 36
- Total: 48,534 Square Feet
- Shop: 18,048 Square Feet
- Parts: 9,091 Square Feet
- Classroom: 2,240 Square Feet
- Other: 19,155 Square Feet
- 6” Concrete Slab on 6” Gravel Base, finished with epoxy floor covering
- Exterior: Nucor Classic Wall Exterior Steel Sheeting with 6” WMP-50 R-22 Fiberglass Blanket Insulation with Vapour Barrier System
- Interior: 5/8” Type ‘X’ Gypsum Board, taped, mudded and painted finish. Glass feature walls throughout building
- Fire sprinkler system installed throughout building in the unlikely event of a fire
- Alarm system tied to local fire and police dispatch
- A mix of Radiant tube heaters in the shop area and forced air furnaces heating the rest of the building. One main Large forced air system to heat and cool the main showroom, parts, and office areas.
- 120/208 Volt, 800 Amp, three phase power, fed from underground service lines
- A mixture of four foot, eight foot and u-tube T6 fluorescent and recessed pot light fixtures in parts, classroom, showroom and office areas.
- High Bay T5 fluorescent fixtures in shop
Water Supply System:
- 250, 000 cubic meters dugout to handle water needs for fire suppression and makeup water for wash bay pressure washing system
- Four potable water tanks combined to hold 12,500 liters of fresh water for sanitary uses in building.
- Outdoor pump shack and pressure system feeding building needs
- Private septic field designed to handle up to 70 people per day
Storm Water Management:
- Building site sloped for runoff to go into ditches along highway 3 and highway 36
Server, Network and Communication Systems:
- New scalable and secure state of the art data server, and network. Terabytes of data storage, using CAT6 gigabit Ethernet to communicate between systems.
- New VOIP phone system using the internet to handle our phone needs.
- A&W 600HP rated Dynamometer to test PTO equipped machines
Wash Bay Pressure Washing System:
- Dual 15 HP Pressure Washer’s, 3000 psi, 6 GPM. ( each )
- Drive Through Wash Bay , 30 foot Wide by 110 foot Long
- Environment Friendly Washbay with closed loop Water Recycling System as part of washbay system
- 110 foot Wide 5 Ton Overhead Crane, 22 foot lift height, Will lift from anywhere in the entire Shop. The Overhead crane will increase the capability and efficiency of Technicians working on customer equipment
Waste Oil and Coolant Collection:
- In floor collection drains throughout shop. pumped from there to above ground collection tanks, 2250 Liters each.
- The shop space is sized large enough to accommodate sixteen technicians, a increase of five technicians, to accommodate a larger work load, in a more efficient space.
Have a look at our Photo Gallery of the build HERE
Return to Latest News & Events