Western Tractor Company Inc., a 4-store John Deere dealer located in Southern Alberta, is searching for a full time Journeyman Service Technician to join our growing John Deere agricultural equipment group for our Taber location. Western Tractor is located at the center of an irrigated agricultural area that is known for the variety of specialty crops that it produces. John Deere is the number one brand of Agricultural, Turf and Commercial Construction equipment in the area and has been represented by Western Tractor in Southern Alberta since the 1930's. Western Tractor's commitment to our basic values, customer focus and employee improvement are what has made us a dominant dealer and an "employer of choice".
Western Tractor Service Technicians independently perform diagnostics, repairs and scheduled maintenance work involving all types of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, drive train and engine repairs on internal or customer owned equipment.
● Diagnose and repair a wide range of equipment including Agricultural, GPS, Lawn & Garden and Commercial Construction equipment
● Assemble and perform predelivery inspections of new equipment
● Account for all time and material used in performing assigned duties
● Other duties as assigned by management
Competency and Training Requirements:
● Great attitude
● Good work ethic
● High attention to detail
● Team Player
● Can work independently
● Excellent listening skills
● Basic computer skills required
● Class 5 driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract
● Physically capable (ability to lift up to 50 lbs)
● Previous John Deere agricultural equipment experience considered an asset
● Journeyman Certificate – Heavy Equipment Technician (HET) or Agricultural Equipment Technician (AET) considered an asset
We offer our employees terrific opportunities to grow within our organization. Employees are our number one asset, and we encourage training and personal development for everyone. Our employees receive on the job training, John Deere University courses and training in other locations across North America. We are proud of the education that we provide our staff.
Western Tractor offers competitive wages and a great benefits plan. Employees can be assured that they and their loved ones will be covered in the case of illness or accident.
● Short-term and long-term disability
● Critical illness
● Prescription drug coverage
● Dental coverage
● Extended health benefits
● Health Spending Account
● Life insurance including dependent life
● Accidental death and dismemberment coverage
● Retirement Savings Plan
● Extensive safety program
● Boot allowance
Interested applicants can submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org they are applying for the Journeyman Service Technician position. Resumes can also be delivered in person to Mitch Ponich at our Taber dealership. This position will be open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Western Tractor but only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.