Western Tractor – Who We Are
Western Tractor has four bright, new locations situated in Lethbridge, Taber, Burdett, and Medicine Hat, where we sell the number one brand of Agricultural, Turf, and Commercial Worksite Products in the world, JOHN DEERE. As a stable and growing company, you can count on us to invest heavily in your career through training, resources, and support while being a part of a fun and team-oriented environment that feels like family.
The primary responsibility for this position is to sell equipment in a defined territory and serve drop-in retail customers during scheduled shifts in the branch. Equipment sales includes all wholegoods product offerings including large and small agricultural equipment.
A background in agriculture with previous sales experience is preferred but not required. Training on the features and benefits of John Deere products and selling techniques will be provided.
- Sell equipment to customers in their territory (80%)
- Sell equipment to retail customers in the dealership (20%)
- Visit customer farms on a regular basis
- Prepare equipment quotes and present to customers
- Evaluate trades according to Western Tractor guidelines
- Arrange and perform equipment demonstrations as required
- Teach customers how to operate equipment
- Deliver equipment to customers as required
- Provide superior after-sales support
- Promote all dealership departments
- Attend various John Deere and Western Tractor training courses
- All other duties as assigned by the Sales Manager
- Service Orientation
- Networking and Relationship Building
- Organizational and Environmental Awareness
- Results Orientation
We offer our employees terrific opportunities to grow within our organization. Employees are our number one asset, and we encourage training and personal development for everyone. Our employees receive on the job training, John Deere University courses and training in other locations across North America. We are proud of the education that we provide our staff.
Western Tractor offers competitive wages and a great benefits plan. Employees can be assured that they and their loved ones will be covered in the case of illness or accident.
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Critical illness
- Prescription drug coverage
- Dental coverage
- Extended health benefits
- Health Spending Account
- Life insurance including dependent life
- Accidental death and dismemberment coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Extensive safety program
- Education support
Interested applicants can submit their resume to email@example.com indicating they are applying for the Territory Manager position. Resumes can also be delivered in person at any of our dealerships. This position will be open until a suitable candidate is found.