Western Tractor – Who We Are
Western has four bright, new locations situated in Lethbridge, Taber, Burdett, and Medicine Hat, where we sell the number one brand of Agricultural, Turf, and Commercial Worksite Products in the world, JOHN DEERE. As a stable and growing company, you can count on us to invest heavily in your career through training, resources, and support while being a part of a fun and team-oriented environment that feels like family.
Sound interesting? Read On!
Reasons to Join Western Tractor!
- We keep our team current by investing twice as much in training as any other JD dealer in Southern Alberta both inside and outside of our dealership.
- Sponsorship to practice your skills and earn on-the-job hours toward your Apprenticeship or Journeyperson designation
- Comprehensive benefits package including an employer matched Registered Retirement Savings Plan.
- We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide paid time off beginning at 3 weeks in your first year of employment.
- A competitive compensation scale, incentive programs, and advancement opportunities.
- We provide you with state-of-the-art agriculture equipment and technology to do your job.
- And much more!
As a Service Technician, our customers will depend on your ongoing commitment to their service needs, your expertise, and your foresight and troubleshooting skills to keep their equipment operating reliably and efficiently. Picture yourself working alongside other trained Technicians in a shop that has all the support and resources you need to perform top-notch work on equipment.
What Does a Service Technician Do?
- Uses state-of-the-art equipment to diagnose and repair a wide range of equipment including Agricultural, GPS, Lawn & Garden, and Commercial Construction equipment.
- Assembles and performs pre-delivery inspections of new equipment.
- Uses John Deere computer programs to read manuals for diagnostics and repairs.
- Proactively seeks and participates in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
What You Bring to the Table
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED
- Class 5 Driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract
- Physically capable with the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Basic computer skills
- Team player with excellent listening skills
- Ability to work independently with a high attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to be adaptable
The following would be an asset (but not mandatory)
- Journeyperson Certificate – Heavy Equipment Technician (HET) or Agricultural Equipment Technician (AET)
- Previous John Deere agricultural equipment experience
Ready to Grow Your Career?
Join Western Tractor today and be part of the exciting future of agriculture! If you want a workplace that empowers you to achieve and succeed, we encourage you to submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating you are applying for the Service Technician Position. Resumes can also be delivered in person to Mathew Cuel at our Lethbridge Dealership. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Western Tractor but only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.