Choose from several easy to use touch-screen displays. More than just A-B lines, you’ll improve application rates, fuel economy and input placement. With some models, you can also get remote support and wirelessly send files.
Get started easier with John Deere precision ag and the 4200 CommandCenter™
The 4200 and 4600 CommandCenter ships from the factory with these three features included with the display and machine purchase so that you can easily take the first steps on your precision ag journey:
- AutoTrac™ guidance
- Data Sync
Combine the display with a StarFire™ Receiver, and you are ready to get started with automated guidance by creating maps showing work completed and, if you have JDLink™, wirelessly sending your data to the John Deere Operations Center. If you don’t need automated steering, you can deduct AutoTrac when ordering your machine. If you want to do even more, you can add a 4200 CommandCenter Section Control Activation for precision control of crop inputs.
NOTE: You will need an AutoTrac activation to use the Section Control functionality with a 4200 CommandCenter display.
Why 4200 CommandCenter™ is the right tool for the job
Sometimes a job on the farm does not require intense Precision Ag management practices. When this is the case, the 4200 CommandCenter™ is just the tool for the job. The 4200 offers the ability to run core Precision Ag features like AutoTrac™ guidance, Documentation, Section Control, and Data Sync.
There are two levels of activations that can be ordered on the 4200 and 4600. The first is the CommandCenter AutoTrac Activation, enabling operators to consistently drive the same guidance path pass to pass. The second is the 4200/4600 Section Control Activation plus CommandCenter AutoTrac Activation. This combines the ability to use AutoTrac on a machine with the value of Section Control, eliminating overlap on critical field operations.
Data Sync enables operators to automatically send data to John Deere Operations Center. Producers can analyze the data from completed fields or view where field work is in process, making it easier for them to make operational decisions. Data is available to analyze through the John Deere Operations Center from any internet-connected device, allowing producers to make important production decisions and giving operations the ability to invoice work recently completed.
Take advantage of the Generation 4 CommandCenter™ display, designed for efficiency
The Generation 4 CommandCenter was designed to provide a consistent user experience by providing full screen viewing of more run page modules, shortcut keys, and precision agriculture capabilities.
Expect easier setup, along with increased operator confidence thanks to a simple, customizable interface. The improved design of the Generation 4 CommandCenter also aids in an optimal operating experience and maximizes uptime.
In order to increase your efficiency, take advantage of the following features offered by the Generation 4 CommandCenter:
- Easily create page views that meet user needs and that are also equipped with default run pages.
LANGUAGE AND UNITS
Easily switch between languages with the option to set the active and alternate language. Configure the shortcut bar to include the language toggle allows different individuals to easily switch the display between languages.
USERS AND ACCESS
Users and access allow the owner or manager to lock out certain functions to prevent operators from accessing or changing settings. Lock-out functions are managed with a defined pin for the administrator.
The Generation 4 CommandCenter can be set to one of two profiles, administrator or operator. The administrator profile is always set to the full access group. This group allows unlimited access to all the features and can lock and unlock features in the operator profile.
- The Machine Monitor application provides you instantaneous readings about the status or condition of your machine.
- This application shows parameters such as engine speed, coolant temperature, and ground speed.
The Work Monitor application displays performance information about the task being performed by the machine.
You are shown averages, totals, and productivity of the machine, such as area worked, average working speed, and fuel usage.
Work set up places the settings needed to properly setup features such as AutoTrac™ guidance, Documentation, and Section Control in a single location. Settings include:
- Client, farm, and field
- Crop type
- Machine and implement dimensions
- Variety/hybrid and planting/seeding rates
- Variable rate prescriptions
- Product and application rates
- Application rates through the implement screens
Stay up to date on the latest Gen 4 features and enhancements with the Gen 4 Operator’s Manual at the user’s fingertips. With each bundle update, the Gen 4 display automatically receives the latest Gen 4 Operator’s Manual which means less time locating a paper copy and ensuring the most up-to-date information is always available.
The video application on 4600 CommandCenter and 4640 Universal Display has been redesigned to improve user interface and prepare for future enhancements. Features include the ability to name and configure cameras for viewing and scanning.
- Machines equipped with a 4200 CommandCenter are equipped with one video input, and the 4600 CommandCenter has four video inputs.
- You can set a variety of triggers. With each trigger, the image appears on the display.
- Mark areas in the field that need special attention such as rocks, tile lines, or weed pressure.
- Flags previously recorded on the Gen 4 or GreenStar™ 3 2630 Display can be transferred between monitors.
- Manually drive field boundaries with the Generation 4 CommandCenter or import existing boundary information from the GreenStar 3 2630 Display or John Deere Operations Center. Gen 4 documentation data can be used to create boundaries from coverage within the John Deere Operations Center.
AUTOMATIC BASE STATION SWITCHING
- Producers using John Deere RTK Radio 450 or 900 can link a base station to a desired client, farm, or field. This allows automatic switching to the associated base station when changing fields. The ability to import base station assignments into Operations Center and send back to machines will be available at a later date.
Generation 4 CommandCenter may be configured to run with the following John Deere displays connected at the cornerpost of a John Deere tractor:
- GreenStar 2 1800 Display
- GreenStar 2 2600 Display
- GreenStar 3 2630 Display
- 4640 Universal Display
- 4240 Universal Display
NOTE: Vehicle applications are always located on the Gen 4 CommandCenter.
Remotely view machine information with Remote Display Access (RDA)
The ability to remotely view the machine’s settings, performance, yield, acres, and other information is highly valuable when managing or supervising an operation. It is imperative that your equipment keeps running productively and that you are enabled to provide remote support to improve the quality and efficiency of work while saving time and money. RDA enables you to get help with machine settings or identify a problem and receive assistance in navigating through the steps needed to resolve the issue.
Value of RDA:
- Improved confidence in precision farming applications for all operators
- Increased productivity with quicker problem resolution
- Improved service from John Deere dealer and support personnel
- Increased profitability by keeping equipment moving
- Reduced labor and travel costs
- With the 19-1 software update, the Gen 4 displays no longer require the operator to accept for remote view